Eco Friendly Marine Construction
It is the mission of Dale’s Marine Construction, Inc. (DMC) to provide eco friendly marine construction services to all of our clients. We strongly advocate the use of installation techniques that provide minimal or no impact to the environment and complete every job with respect to the surrounding landscape and marine wildlife.
Our mission includes the use of recycled and special composites which will not deteriorate or bleed into the environment. Adherence to this mission enables us to protect the shoreline, shield the environment and consistently abide by federal, state and local environmental protection guidelines.
- We aim to defend against beach erosion, protect natural habitats and remain a leader in the use and installation of environmentally friendly marine construction services.
- We encourage the installation of vinyl seawalls over conventional materials for increased longevity and environmental protection.
- Whenever possible, we use non-metal parts, recycled products, and alternate decking materials such as Choice-Dek©, a composite of recycled cedar wood and plastic polyethylene.
- We encourage the use of stainless steel/aluminum/hot dipped galvanized boat lifts that have no metal parts in contact with the water.
- We promote ½” spacing between all deck boards to insure sunlight will radiate to under water growth communities.
- We work with permitting agencies to ensure all work is in accordance with the strict environmental rules and regulations that govern the marine construction industry.
- We advocate the use of PVC pole liners to limit the potential for leaching treatment compounds into the surrounding waters. Pole liners also reduce the likelihood that wood borers will attach to the poles and destroy them.
- We deploy turbidity curtains when disturbances are created while jetting.
- We believe that being environmentally friendly is more than a current fad, it is a responsibility.